Sunday, April 5, 2009

- Tomorrow to Koroit

Warana, QLD - Australia

Moments ago Suzi and Paul left to go on their honeymoon. They were married on Saturday in a very simple and charming ceremony among lush green rolling hills, almost mountains, in the often cloud and fog clad area of Maleny. I was the best-man and did have a prime vantage point of the procedings - and in part due to that vantage point, at some moments, my vision became a bit obscured, both literally and figuratively . . . the vision of this poor romantic lad was obscured by those almost-tears forming in my eyes along with thoughts, dreams and flights of fancy forming not in my mind, but more in my heart and soul . . . yes, you know those dreams . . . perhaps I've said too much, but I almost always do . . .

After the ceremony, during the reception, Andrew, a fellow Koroit opal miner and one who speaks rather freely, said to me along with several other people within earshot, "hey, Gene, you were getting all choked-up up there and almost started balling". I admitted to him he was correct.

Early tomorrow morning I will be saying goodbye to the coast and many creature comforts and will be heading to Koroit . . . please wish me luck.

.

1 comment:

Dawn McMahon said...

I love you ... ~ D ~