Tuesday, April 7, 2009

- Arrived in Koroit, PoO Approved

Cunnamulla, QLD - Australia

I've arrived in Koroit. Luckily my camp is still intact - apparently there were some fierce winds that whipped through during my abscence, but everything seemd to be ok. It appears a city of mice took up residence while I was gone, however they now are in the process of vacating my residence.

The situation underground looked fine. A little bit of water had dropped down into the mine and had made a few slightly muddy spots, but I did not see any snakes or snake tracks.

My PoO has been approved. For those not fluent in the Queensland Department of Mines / EPA lingo, "PoO" is short for "Plan of Operation". In order to commence mining on an opal lease the leaseholder must file a plan of operation, detailing where the digging will occur and what will be done to rehabilitate the land after mining etc. I was very happy to learn my PoO had been approved so I will be able to open-cut my lease this season . . . now I just need to wait for the excavator to arrive.

A very big thank you to Dawn for taking care of things in the USA while I'm in Australia.

Time to get back to work . . .

.

No comments: