Tuesday, April 14, 2009

- Some Treasure, Some Sunshine

Cunnamulla, QLD - Australia

After spending a few days organizing and unpacking my camp and reattaching various electrical cords, on my first day of digging, luckily, I found some color - a few small nuts. It is always a thrill to find even a few pieces of this beautiful and incredible material which has been hiding a few feet underground for the past few million years.

I'll be spending the night in Cunnamulla tonight, then in the morning, giving a friend who has been digging opal for about as many years as I have been alive, a ride out to Koroit.

It has been raining every day for about the last week. When at the mine, rain can be very annoying and confining. When one lives in a 10ft x 10ft garden shed, being confined can be rather unpleasant. Rain also makes it muddy, sloppy and makes the ladder slippery and even more dangerous. The sun has been out today - hopefully the rain is gone.

I'll be digging tomorrow.

Again, thank you Dawn for so very much.

.

No comments: