Friday, November 21, 2008

- Emails, Comments, Questions

Safety Harbor, FL - USA

Thank you for your emails, comments, questions & etc.

Please be aware that when you post a comment here on my blog, I only see the text you wrote. I have no idea what your email address is. The only way for me to reply would be to post your comment and leave my response which would be visible publicly.

A few of you have sent emails and asked questions containing some personal information that I would like to reply to, but don't think it would be best to just post them out in the open.

You are welcome to post comments, however please either include your email address or email me directly: koroit@gmail.com

Thanks

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I do check into your blog from time to time. I'm into cutting matrix opal as well especially Koroit, Jundah and Opalton material. Tell me do the colors ever keep you from a proper nights rest?

O. Pal Lapoopal

Gene McDevitt said...

Dear O -

I wouldn't say the colors keep me awake, but on many occasions my sleep has been rather tumultuous as a result of conscious / subconscious contemplation and consideration of how to orient a particular piece of interesting rough, guessing at what direction the color might carry through the piece and how I should slice it.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Yes I understand what you are saying, sometime though it is a flash of colors that wakes me up!

Thank you for showing us the mine and for the excellent cutting information Gene.

Did you stabilize the opal in your YouTube video? Did you mine that one yourself? Very Nice!

Happy Lapping!

O. Pal Lapoopal

Gene McDevitt said...

Hello O. Pal -

Playing with these rocks can be addictive and certain rocks can get stuck in your mind.

No, I do not stabilize any of the material. Everything is natural.

The matrix stones in the videos are from my mine. The 2 crystal pieces are from a neighbor's mine.

thanks,

Gene