Friday, September 18, 2009

- A Repaired Ram, Digging & Ooops

Cunnamulla, QLD - Australia

My friend, who I'll refer to as "L", arrived this morning at 2am with a repaired ram. Later, after dawn, along with another friend and the owner of the other excavator, Richard (cooperopals.com), we reinstalled the ram into the arm of the excavator. I'll spare you the details of moving the ram which weighs about 3/4 of a ton and wiggling and delicately moving the ram so it would line up with the right holes in the arm of the excavator . . . it all fit back together properly and worked beautifully . . . until a hydraulic hose blew . . . that meant an early lunch . . . but by now L probably has replaced the hose . . . we'll be digging again tomorrow morning and should be down to the opal level in about 3 more days - it feels like it's 3 days until Christmas (I hope)!

It's getting warm here - it has been over 100 degrees . . . more and more lizards are out and about. I haven't seen any snakes.

Dawn had a bit of bad news for me. Her son James had a fender bender today. Luckily he and the other folks involved are all ok. He was using my car . . . but no worries James . . . accidents happen. I'm glad you are ok and nobody was hurt.
.

No comments: