Wednesday, September 9, 2009

- Great Rocks & Moving the Excavator

Cunnamulla, QLD - USA

More pretty rocks have been found. Yesterday we spent a few hours slicing and cutting.

My friend handed me a few pieces of rough to cut for him. One of the pieces contained a bright thick blue band of opal in hard dark ironstone. It was a delight to cut. The result was a large rounded triangle of very bright blue/green clean faced opal - bright bands of color and shifting pattern as you move the stone. . . the kind of rock that really makes you either speechless or just go "wow". I'll try to add a photo here in a few days. Yes, it's for sale . . . it looks like the price will be at least $4,000 and worth every penny - you'll be the only kid on your block with one!

I need to say bye bye and get back to Koroit - my friend is going to be moving his excavator over to my mine this afternoon . . . I've been waiting for this moment ever since I first bought the mine.
.

No comments: