Thursday, September 3, 2009

- Arrived in Koroit

Cunnamulla, QLD - Australia

On Wednesday I arrived in Cunnamulla and quickly drove out to Koroit. All seemed to be well at my camp and down in the mine.

When I opened the doors of 2 out of 3 of the sheds at my camp, I was greeted by rather large, well fed redbacks. Luckily they don't move too quickly and were easy to eliminate.

Down in the mine at the base of the shaft was a poor, thin, hungry, cold and slow moving bearded dragon (a common type of lizard). I picked him up, put him in the bucket and took him up to the surface. He seemed to be happy when I let him go at the base of a tree.

Yesterday (Thursday) I had a bit of a dig and found a bit of color - some small nuts.

It's been a bit rainy so the excavator has been slightly delayed. In 2 or 3 days (at least within a week) excavator digging should start. We're going to start in an area of the mine that could be very exciting and I think will yield some beautiful rocks . . . more later once the pretty rocks are exposed. . . .
.

No comments: