Tuesday, September 23, 2008

- Back to Oz

Safety Harbor, FL - USA

Hello again . . . on Thursday (9/25) I will be on my way back to Australia and will be in Koroit on Sunday. I'll be returning to the USA by November 14.

I spoke with Paul a few hours ago. There has been more rain in Koroit and it is hot. That means there are swarms of mozzies (Australian for "mosquitoes") and flies all over. . . not to mention the various species of reptiles which have been brought out of their winter slumber and are now out and about. Yes, Paul has seen many lizards, but there probably are also a few serpents slinking around the neighborhood. I hope to return with many new interesting photos and videos and no bite marks, well . . .

On Saturday (Australia time) I will be in Brisbane and will try to update this blog before I go out for the evening . . . an evening in a beautiful city of over a million people which will be followed by nearly 50 evenings spent on a cot in a steel shed on an opal field in a desert where there are maybe still 12 people within the nearest 10 miles . . . aaaahh both places are beautiful in their own ways, but in my humble opinion, Koroit is much closer to . . . it.

.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gene:

You don't know how much I envy you and your mining expeditions to Australia. Been visiting your website for a long time and while koroit is my favorite gemstone it's too rich for my blood for the time being. Hoping to get my own equipment so I can start my own lapidary shop one of these days.

Wish you the best on your upcoming trip.

Good luck

Steve

Gene McDevitt said...

Thank you Steve. I appreciate your good wishes and your visits to my website and blog.