Wednesday, July 21, 2010

- At the mine

Cunnamulla, Qld - Australia

Thanks to frank and Heather for their hospitality while I was staying with them on the coast before my trip out west.

I've been in Koroit since Saturday. All is well. I've had the good fortune to play with some beautiful Koroit opals already.

Right now it's about 4 pm and I'm a bit drained after being in town all day. . . . my wits have been dulled. I need to get my laundry out of the dryer and get on the road back to Koroit before the sun gets too low. At this moment I have neither the time nor the sharpness of mind to wax eloquently about the sights and experiences I've already had. . . . . for example I saw a large adult wedge-tailed eagle (at least 3 feet tall, but looked at least 4 feet tall) perched in a tree at the side of the road, but was in too much of a hurry driving a miner's brother to have an emergency root canal at a dentist's office which was 3 hours away to snap a photo.

More next time . . .

No comments: