Saturday, August 30, 2014

- Back in Koroit, Digging and Finding



Koroit - Queensland, Australia

After a quick trip back to the USA I have returned to Koroit.  We have been mining at The Comet and, luckily, we have been finding color.  The Comet produces a variety of types of Koroit opal.  We have found a few types of opal including nuts and opalized wood.  The patterning and character of opalized wood can be incredibly beautiful.  It can make great cut stones as well as amazing specimens.

Again, in general, it appears that demand for Koroit opal is up and production is down.  The increase in demand for this material is easy to understand.  Koroit opal is beautiful and full of personality.  Now that we are working The Comet, the largest opal mine in Koroit, we will do our best to produce and help you to continue to enjoy Koroit boulder opal.

This is a great time of year to be in Koroit.  The weather is very comfortable with warm days and cool nights.  I have not seen any snakes . . . but I have only been back for a little less than a week.

For a variety of reasons, I am limited with what details I can share right now - some of the reasons are external, some internal, but don't worry, I'm fine.  Soon I hope to be sharing more information, photos and videos with you.

If you wish to contact me, please do so using the email address on my website www.koroit.com.  Please do not use the messaging system here on this blog.

Thank you


No comments: