Wednesday, July 14, 2010

- In Qld

Sunshine Coast, Queensland - Australia

Tonight I'll be sleeping near the coast of Queensland, a bit north of Brisbane. Tomorrow morning I'll start the drive to Koroit.

I have to pick up some supplies on the way and as many 55 gallon drums as I can fit inside my 4WD and tie onto its roof rack as possible . . . my Toyota will bear a striking resemblance to an outback version of Jed Clampett's car on its way to Beverly Hills.

Tomorrow night probably will be spent somewhere between here and Koroit. I hope to get to Koroit no later than Saturday.

It took me about 40 hours to get from Tampa, FL to the place I'm staying north of Brisbane. By the time I got here I was rather numb and lacking some of my higher functions. After a good night's sleep in a real bed and a shower I started to feel much more human. I'm still not 100%, but by tomorrow life should feel like it is worthwhile.

By the way, Telstra (the main Australian phone company and the company that supposedly provides my mobile phone service), has severly screwed up my account and will take several days to unscrew it. I'm too tired to go into the foolish details of what they have done, but suffice it to say it is amazing that a company which has such poor organization and terrible customer service is still in business. I had hoped to post several entries to this blog from my mobile phone during my trip, but thanks to the horrible service provided by Telstra, I will not be able to keep you well informed.

No comments: