Friday, January 22, 2010

- Cutting, cutting . . . cutting . . . .

Palm Harbor, FL - USA

My shoulders are a bit achey - I've been cutting, getting ready for Tucson. The photo below shows a few stones from today. (The photo is rather poor, sorry.)

The cutting shed I mentioned earlier has been built. I've moved my equipment in and have started cutting. The details and fine-tuning have not yet been done. That will be taken care of when I get back form Tucson. For now my cabbing machine and saws are set-up in a rather minimal fashion.

It looks like I'll be driving out to Tucson. I'll try to post photos here from the journey using my phone. Beware, the postings may be a bit eccentric and poorly done.

later . . .


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoot! Those cabs are certainly nice to look at Gene! Some look like doublets, are they? Good luck at Tuscon I hope your hard work pays off well for you.

O. Pal Lapoopal

Gene McDevitt said...

Oh don't make me scream! NO, none of them are doublets! All of them are natural opals I cut from material mined in Koroit. I've never cut or made a doublet.

Gene McDevitt said...

p.s. Thanks for saying they are nice to look at