Wednesday, December 31, 2008

- Happy New Year & New Rocks

Safety Harbor, FL USA

It's been a while since I've said hello . . . 

As 2008 draws to a close, please accept my thanks for your kindness & support through another year of this wacky and amazing life.  I hope you had a Merry HoHoHo Holiday and wish you a very happy New Year.

I've just received news that the eight 55-gallon drums of rough opal I shipped from Australia have arrived in Tampa. However, US Customs is waiting to inspect them.  It appears that the four 55-gallon drums full of pieces Australian hardwood have piqued more than the usual interest of Customs - they are consulting with the USDA - etc etc, bla bla bla . . . . so my goodies are here, just a few miles away, but they are in that US Customs never-never-land . . . maybe I'll see them tomorrow, maybe I'll see them next week . . . patience is a virtue, but I'm not feeling so virtuous.

As some of you know my girlfriend Dawn has been helping me with my rock business.  I'm very grateful - she's been very helpful & she's very pleasant company. . . yes, she's certainly cute etc etc, but she's also exceptionally bright & creative & has been quite a positive addition to my business.

Dawn also happens to be a gifted writer.  A few of her poems can be found on her new blog: julietsquill.blogspot.com.

We'll be going to Tucson for about 2 weeks . . . hmmm, maybe I'll find some treasure for her there.  
We'll be showing in Tucson at:
The Gem & Jewelry Exchange (GJX) booth 105, February 4-9.

Please keep your fingers crossed that US Customs is happy with everything & quickly clears my shipment - I'll keep you informed.

Happy New Year !

.

No comments: